5 Years Later: Chapter 3
exclusive behind-the-scenes look
I don't want to give away too much, but this might be enough to raise the hype up a bit, wouldn't you say?
Below you will find Chromastone's design for his appearance in 5 Years Later, some concept art Alex created for Future Bellwood, and an actual fully completed page straight from the comic!
But first, some Fun Facts:
1. This chapter features the most involvement I had with additional input for story-writing, choreography, and plot direction.
Everyone in the 5YL Crew had significant input on this Chapter, and frequent group chat sessions were had dedicated to not
only planning this Chapter, but the entire arc of the story, which is approximated to be between 10 to 15 Chapters as of now.
2. This chapter also features the inclusion of multiple editing effects to emphasize scenery, powers, and dramatics. I originally tried to stay away from any effects I can't actually draw with a pen, to simplify the art style more and force me to spend less time on the menial details, but at this point, I can't help myself, and this is the most beautiful-looking chapter so far thanks to it.
3. While it may not be direct, this Chapter starts to seed multiple character-arcs that will take place through the story, mainly between Danny an Vlad, and Danny's decision to come out of retirement as a superhero.
4. The Ben 10 2016 Reboot exists in this universe, but as a TV show loosely based on Ben Prime's life. This will be elaborated on more in the comic book briefly.
5. There will be some surprise cameos.